Hynix to spin off four non-production operations

Dec. 10, 2001 – Seoul, Korea – Hynix Semiconductor is set to spin off its non-production operations into four separate entities in a bid to build up its core chip-making unit.

The four entities, Humanplus Co., Humantopia Co., Bestech Co., and Semiconductor Reliability Center (SRC), will have initial capital of 100 million won ($78,864) each with a combined staff of 347, according to the Asia Pulse.

Hynix will own 10% of the firms and their employees will own the other 90%.

Humanplus will be responsible for training and secretarial operations and Humantopia is to undertake general affairs, including cleaning and transportation. Bestech will provide maintenance services for semiconductor making equipment to Hynix, while SRC will engage in quality assurance-related operations for the chipmaker.

Hynix already separated or sold off its communications and LCD units as part of its restructuring efforts.


Easily post a comment below using your Linkedin, Twitter, Google or Facebook account. Comments won't automatically be posted to your social media accounts unless you select to share.