Dec. 2, 2002 – San Jose, CA – The Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA), a semiconductor industry trade organization, has announced the addition of five new members to its 2003 board of directors.
The FSA’s voting members elected individuals to serve on the board in two separate categories – fabless company representatives and manufacturing supplier representatives. Three open seats for fabless company representatives will be filled by Steven Bilodeau, president, CEO and chairman of Standard Microsystems Corp.; Jim Seto, VP of ASIC engineering and operations at ATI Technologies; and re-elected to serve, Gina Gloski, VP and GM of worldwide operations for eSilicon. Gloski and Seto will both serve three-year terms and Bilodeau was elected to serve a one-year term of a retiring director.
The three open seats for manufacturing supplier company representatives will be filled by Ed Ross, president of TSMC-USA; and re-elected to serve, Fu Tai Liou, chief officer of worldwide sales and marketing for UMC and John Boruch, president and COO of Amkor. Each representative was elected to serve a one-year term.
In addition to these six positions, the FSA has created a new seat on the board, for representation from the IDM community. Ron Boyd, director of external technology at Motorola, will fill the newly formed IDM seat. Boyd was selected to fill the new position for 2003 by the FSA board of directors and will serve a one-year term.
Returning board members include:
– Chairman of the board Wim Roelandts, CEO and president of Xilinx
– Jodi Shelton, FSA executive director
– Greg Aasen, COO of PMC-Sierra
– Ron Das, VP of operations for Atheros Communications
– Dwight Decker, CEO and chairman of Conexant
– David French, CEO and president of Cirrus Logic
– Jeorge Hurtarte, senior VP of engineering and operations for TranSwitch Corp.
– Di Ma, VP of operations for NVIDIA
– Vahid Manian, VP of manufacturing and operations for Broadcom
– Donald Schrock, president of CDMA Technologies at QUALCOMM
– Evert Wolsheimer, VP and GM of CPLD business unit at Xilinx
– Steve Michael, VP of operations for Exar, honorary board member
– Robert Pepper serves as director emeritus.