February 14, 2006 – SEMI has published 14 new technical standards as part of its 3x/year schedule. The group includes several applicable to the emerging growth area of compound semiconductors, according to Bettina Weiss, SEMI director of international standards.
The new standards include a specification for round 200mm polished monocrystalline gallium arsenide wafers, a test method for determination of particulate contamination from minienvironments, and a specification for job deck data format for variable shaped beam (VSB) mask writers.
The new standards, part of the February 2006 publication cycle, join more than 720 standards that have been published by SEMI during the past 32 years. SEMI’s Standards program was established in 1973 to cover all aspects of semiconductor process equipment and materials, from wafer manufacturing to test, assembly and packaging, in addition to the manufacture of flat-panel displays and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). About 1100 volunteers worldwide participate in the program, which is made up of 17 global technical committees.
Below is a list of the new standards:
– SEMI E54.18: Specification for Sensor/Actuator Network Specific Device Model for Vacuum Pump Device
– SEMI E133.1: Provisional Specification for XML Messaging for Process Control System (PCS)
– SEMI E142.2: Specification for SECS II Protocol for Substrate Mapping
– SEMI E143: Test Method for Measuring Power Variation into A 50-OHM Load and Power Variation and Spectrum into A Load with a VSWR of 2.0 at Any Phase Angle
– SEMI E144: Provisional Specification for RF Air Interface between RFID Tags in Carriers and RFID Readers in Semiconductor Production and Material Handling Equipment
– SEMI E145: Specification of Units for the Semiconductor Industry in XML
– SEMI E146: Test Method for the Determination of Particulate Contamination from Minienvironments
– SEMI F102: Guide for Specification for Dimension of Components for Surface Mount Gas Distribution Systems
– SEMI M9.8: Specification for Round 200 mm Polished Monocrystalline Gallium Arsenide Wafers
– SEMI M63: Test Method for Measuring the AI Fraction in AIGaAs on GaAs Substrates by High Resolution X-ray Diffraction
– SEMI M64: Test Method for the EL2 Deep Donor Concentration in Semi-Insulating GaAs Single Crystals by Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy
– SEMI M65: Specification for Sapphire Substrate for Compound Semiconductor Epitaxial Wafers
– SEMI MS1 Guide to Specifying Wafer-Wafer Bonding Alignment Targets
– SEMI P45: Specification for Job Deck Data Format for VSB Mask Writers