June 5, 2006 – SEMI has published eight new technical standards for the semiconductor, flat-panel display (FPD), and MEMS manufacturing industries, including safety guidelines for hydrogen peroxide storage and handling systems, specifications for critical dimension (CD) measurement information data for photomask manufacturing, and test methods for measurement of the resistivity of resin black matrix for LCD color filters.
The new standards, part of SEMI Standards’ July 2006 publication cycle, include:
– SEMI D44: Specification for reference position of single substrate for handing off on tool
– SEMI D45: Test methods for measurement of resistivity of resin black matrix for LCD color filters
– SEMI D46: Terminology for FPD polarizing films
– SEMI E139.2: SECS-II protocol for recipe and parameter management (RaP)
– SEMI M66: Test method for effective work function extraction in oxide and high-k gate stacks using the MIS flat band voltage-insulator thickness technique
– SEMI P46: Specification for critical dimension (CD) measurement information data on photomask by XML
– SEMI S25: Safety guideline for hydrogen peroxide storage and handling systems
– SEMI T17 : Specification for substrate traceability
In addition, SEMI has updated its S2 safety specification with additional and corrected material from the last two years, the first in a planned tri-annual revision process, with the next SEMI S2 update scheduled for 2009.
The new standards join more than 720 standards that have been published by SEMI during the past 33 years.