March 13, 2007 – The Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA) has announced in its recent “CYQ4 2006/Year-End 2006 Global Fabless Fundings & Financials Report,” that the fabless industry revenue totaled $49.7 billion, which equated to 20 percent of the semiconductor sales total of $247.7 billion.
The FSA also said that the worldwide fabless industry revenue grew 27 percent year-over-year. In addition, 145 companies raised $1.9 billion, a 17 percent year-over-year dollar amount increase and a 2 percent year-over-year increase in the number of deals closed.
According to FSA, the top ten public fabless companies by CY06 revenue, which combined for $24.0 billion, or 48 percent of total revenue:
1. QUALCOMM (QCT Division) (NASDAQ:QCOM): $4.3B
2. Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM): $3.7B
3. SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK): $3.3B
4. NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA): $3.1B
5. Marvell Technology Group Ltd (NASDAQ:MRVL): $2.2B
6. LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE:LSI): $2.0B
7. Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX): $1.9B
8. MediaTek Incorporation (TSEC:2454): $1.6B
9. Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR): $1.3B
10. Conexant Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CNXT): $986M
The report is available for purchase at www.fsa.org/store.