Pharmatec GmbH: roughly 30 million euros sales and 160 associates
May 2, 2007 — STUTTGART, GERMANY — The Bosch Group plans to acquire Pharmatec GmbH, headquartered in Dresden, Germany, from Fresenius ProServe GmbH. The transaction also includes the acquisition of the Pharmatec subsidiary Schoeller-Bleckmann Medizintechnik Ges.m.b.H, headquartered in Ternitz, Austria. Pharmatec is a leading company in the construction of systems and lines for the pharmaceutical industry. Its focus is on hygienic and aseptic process technologies, especially for the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology fields.
In fiscal 2006, Pharmatec GmbH and its roughly 160 associates generated sales of some 30 million euros. “Pharmatec and Schoeller-Bleckmann Medizintechnik are both recognized specialists that excellently complement our existing product portfolio in the area of packaging technology for the pharmaceuticals industry,” said Friedbert Klefenz, president of the Bosch Packaging Technology division. It has been agreed that the purchase price will not be disclosed. The transaction is subject to approval by the antitrust authorities.
In the area of packaging technology, Bosch develops, manufactures, and markets process and packaging machinery and lines for the confectionery, foodstuffs, and pharmaceuticals industries. In 2006, the division generated global sales of some 570 million euros with a workforce of roughly 3,780 associates.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 260,000 associates generated sales of 43.7 billion euros in fiscal 2006. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 300 subsidiary and regional companies in over 50 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing, and sales network is the foundation for further growth. Bosch spends more than three billion euros each year for research and development, and in 2006 applied for over 3,000 patents worldwide. The company was set up in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) as “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering.”