Microelectronics industry executives will convene at the SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium (ISS) on January 11-14 to discuss “Riding the Wave of Silicon Magic.” The SEMI executive conference, which takes place in Half Moon Bay, Calif., will explore the economic, market, technology and manufacturing trends taking place in the industry. ISS brings industry executives together to hear diverse perspectives from IC design, manufacturing, foundry, R&D, and consumer electronics. At the Industry Strategy Symposium, industry leaders present the current status of their major technological and economic challenges while economists and industry analysts present their views of global economic and industry forecasts.
Rising complexity and costs for developing and manufacturing IC devices has led to major consolidation of device makers and semiconductor equipment and material suppliers. Consolidation has changed the industry supply chain and raises the stakes for those making the “silicon magic” that is enabling our digital world. The availability of digital devices, the ubiquitous tablets and smart phones, and the exciting possibilities of the Internet of Things (IoT) are forecast to increase growth in ICs again in 2015. ISS will focus on the realities of a changing supply chain ecosystem and directions for continued growth and inflection in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
Highlights of the conference include:
· Keynotes: Scott McGregor, president and CEO at Broadcom, and Charles Toups, VP at Boeing
· Economic Trends session: Keynote by Nariman Behravesh, chief economist, IHS; with presentations from IDC, Linx Consulting, Stratfor, and VLSI Research
· Market Perspective session: Keynote by Jim Elliott, corporate VP at Samsung Semiconductor; with presentations by CEA, Cisco, Gartner, Intel, and McKinsey
· Technology and Manufacturing session: Keynote by Cliff Hou, VP at TSMC; with presentations by ASE, ASE Group, Honeywell, imec, Intel, Micron, and XMC
· Opportunities at the Edge: Presentations by IBM, Illumina, and Lux Research
For more information on the SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium, please visit: www.semi.org/issus.